Monday, January 3, 2011

Respect for Mothers




I have a new found respect for mothers of babies. I have a one year old maltipoo, named Cross who has been sick for 2 days. And it is tough and mentally exhausting.

He got an infection New Year’s Day. We spent about 6 or 7 hours at the Emergency Vet Clinic Saturday. Saturday night he was a little reatless, couldn’t get comfortable. Sunday he took long naps. Sunday night, he didn’t sleep at all. Which means I didn’t get much sleep either. I can hear him moving around, hitting that cone up against the wall, the bed and himself. It’s just a sad site. He would try to sleep sitting up. I guess that’s how he was the most comfortable. He would sit up against the wall and just stare at the wall. Every now and then he would just look at me with those sad puppy eyes and look like he saying “ are you going to do anything”. I felt helpless and so sad. He is back at his vet first thing this morning. They have given him some pain pills and some fluids, since he isnt eating or drinking he has gotten dehydrated.

I hope my baby gets well soon. I’m ready for him to make me chase him in order to get him to go outside. I want to see this smile on his face again and baking in the sunlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment