Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Baked Pears

Baked Pears
Recipe taken from CFSCC presents: EAT THIS!



This was a pretty tasty dessert. It did call for needed a little attention with checking it every 15 min and pouring the syrup over it. But it wasn’t too bad and was a great treat.

4 Pears
1 C Sweet, Fruity white Wine ( I used Sutter Homes Moscato)
¼ C Honey
1 t Vanilla Extract
2 Cinnamon sticks, halved ( I just sprinkled cinnamon over the pears)
2 Bay Leaves (I didn’t find this at the store, so I left them out (I didn’t look too hard, though))

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut thin slices off the bottom of each pear, so they will stand up
3. Place pears in shallow baking dish or pie pan
4. Whisk wine, vanilla and honey in a bowl. Pour over pears
5. Add cinnamon sticks and bay leaves around the pears
6. Roast pears for about 45 min, basting every 15 min
7. Carefully transfer pears to a serving dish.
8. Pour remaining wine mixture into a saucepan. Bring to a boil for about 5 min, until thickened.
9. Drizzle over the pears and garnish with the cinnamon sticks and bay leaves.

The only thing I would have probably done differently is cut the pears into cubes and then cooked that way. I think it would absorb the flavor more. This had great flavor but really on the skin on the pear had the flavor. I will have to try this recipe again and I will let you know. However, leaving the pears whole made for great presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment