Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Update on Crosstopher



He had a rought night. I took him home from the Vet yesterday and he slept pretty good for about 3 hours. I was pretty excited. And then he woke up and then the flipping and flopping started were he couldn’t get comfortable.He would seen to rest a little if he leaned up against me. So there was no getting up to get me something to drink or to go to the bathroom until he moved. I didn’t want to disturb him.

Time for bed came and he rested maybe an hour or so and then it was on. From about 11pm to 3:30am I don’t think he sat still for then 10sec at a time. Trying to lay down, trying to sit down, trying to sleep sitting up leaning to one side and mostly dragging his butt around. This made him start to whine quite a bit.

Finally at 3am it was time to give him some more meds (this one was every 8 hours) So I gave him this shot of liquid in his mouth. That also took some wrestling with him. In no time I saw him sitting still and he just fell over. He was resting. Everytime he sat still I took that opportunity to try to sleep. I didn’t know how long it would last. It lasted for about 2 hours and then he was back up and whining.

He did go to the bathroom (1 and 2) this morning so thats good. I got him to eat a small amount of food last ngiht, but he wasn’t having any of it this morning or water. I have been giving him his meds in Kong stuffing and he was loving that. This morning he is over that.

So back to the Vet he went today. He is going to stay over night and see if they can keep him more comfortable. Him dragging his wound around isnt helping him heal. So they will probably do a better job of keeping him confined then what I do. I tend to try not to be the bad guy. Which might not be helping him in the long run. Its going to be sad at home tonight without him. But I hope this makes things heal a little faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment