Thursday, December 30, 2010

Green Chili Turkey Burgers

Recipe from Just.like.mom.never.made

These are so delicious. Mine did not stay together very well, but taste great all the same.

I got a new George Foreman grill for Christmas (removable grill plates for easy cleaning) so I thought I would give a test drive. Being that it was the first time to use it. I should have sprayed the grill to help with the non-stick. That might of helped keep my patties together.

2 (4oz) cans diced green chilis – I used one 7 oz can. I considered that close enough
1 pound ground turkey – I used a 1.25lb package of Italian seasoned turkey meat
1 cup Cilantro, finely chopped
½ cup onion, finely chopped
2 teaspoons Cumin
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
1 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt – I don’t like added salt so I left this out

Mix everything together and then form into patties. I got 5 patties

I topped mine with spicy guacamole and a handful of spinach and served with a side of mashed cauliflower.

Very easy and very tasty.. Just what I needed to remind myself the Paleo food can be tasty and get myself back on track

No comments:

Post a Comment