Thursday, September 23, 2010

Not so pretty, but de-lic-ious

Well they are suppose to be meatballs.. They didn't hold together very well. Like most thing Paleo I cook. It doesnt look all that great but it taste good. When cooking Paleo seasoning is your best friend.

With the remainder of this meat, i just decided to go with a meatloaf pan instead of meatballs. Will serve with sauted veggies.

The recipe is below. I made a few adjustments. Recipe recommends cooking in crockpot but I just baked in the oven at 425 degrees for 30 min on the meatballs and then for the meatloaf I backed for 45 min. Also I used jalepeno sausage which I think made these for me. They have just a nice kick to them.

1 lb ground beef ( i used lamb)
1 lb turkey sausage ( i used jalapeno sausage, I cut the sausage out of te casing and then cubed it)
1/2c Onion, diced
1/4c Almond MEal
1 egg
1T Itilian Seasoning
1T Basil
1T garlic,minced
1/2 t onion salt ( i didnt find this at the store, so i skipped it)
28oz crushed tomatoes

Mix all ingrediants together. (If I was to do again. I would mix everything together except the tomoatoes and then pour those on top) Shape into golf ball sized meatballs. Place in crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.

Recipe from: Dialed-In Nutrition Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment