Monday, September 27, 2010

Egg Cupcakes


These were fun and something different for breakfast, but mine didn't have much flavor. There wasn't much more room to add more veggies. Just making an egg scramble seems easier and your able to add more veggies or whatever you would like. Either way here is the recipe below.

Ingredients:
(I had a 12 cup cupcake tray)
12 slices black forest ham (I used cajun turkey)
10 eggs
1/2 cup sun dried tomatoes in oil, diced ( I didn't find these and left it out)
2-3 TBSP Diced Chives
2-3 TBSP Diced Parsley (I probably messed up here also. I realize now this was suppose to be fresh Parsley, I used dried Parsley)
Salt and Pepper

Grease your muffin cups and line each cup with one slice of ham. Beat 10 eggs and add remaining ingredients. Measure about 1/4 cup of mixture into each of the ham lined muffin cups. Bake for 18-20 minutes at 375.

That is it. Let me know if you try them with different ingredients and they come out yummy.

1 comment:

  1. I've made a similar recipe with eggs, bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, and cumin powder, though they were still missing something so I did add salt before eating. I'm with you that an egg scramble would be SO much easier, but I suppose this would be great when cooking for many people with a variety of tastes. I'm allergic to milk, so I'm always looking for good options to include in eggs besides milk and cheese. I haven't tried dried tomatoes, chives, and parsley yet, so thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete