Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Paleo Pumpkin Bread

This was so easy to make and was delicious. I will make this again. It will be great for taking to Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Sorry I didn't take a picture. And sorry for whoever I stole this recipe from. I'm trying to get better at writing them down, where I get them. But this one I didn't.

here we go:

3c Almond Flour
1/2t Salt
1t Baking Soda
1/4c Agave Nectar (I used honey instead)
1/4c Grapeseed Oil ( I used Olive Oil instead)
3 Eggs Whisked
1T Vanilla Extract
1Can Libby's Pumpkin (make sure it is not the pumpkin pie filling, just the all natural pumpkin)
1t Cinnamon ( I might of added a little extra cinnamon, you cant go wrong with that)
1t Allspice

In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and Allspice
In a smaller bowl, combine agave/honey, oil, eggs and vanilla - then stir in pumpkin
Mix wet ingredients into dry
Place batter in either a cake pan ot two small 7.5"X3.5" loaf pans (I just placed all the batter into a meatlof pan)
Bake at 350 for 40 min ( I cooked for about 50min. after 40min I placed a toothpick in the middle and it still can out a little wet, so cooked another 10 min)
Remove from oven and allow to cool

Mine stuck a little to the pan. Next time I will probably coat the pan with some baking soda and see if that helps.

3 comments:

  1. hi I have came up with my own little recipe for paleo pumkin bread and would love to know how you make a web page like this to post your recipes, my recipe was.

    Wonderful paleo pumkin bread recipe!!!

    1. in a mixing bowl combine

    1 c arrowroot

    1 c almond meal

    3 tsp cinnamon

    2 small dashes of nutmeg

    2 small dashes of allspice

    1.5 tsp of baking soda

    3/4 tsp. of salt

    mix well

    2. in a blender combine

    3 eggs

    3/4 c coconut oil

    1 15 oz can of plain pumkin purree (not pie mix)

    3/4 c honey

    blend well

    4. combine the wet ingredients to the mixing bowl and mix with dry ingredients until it is mixed well

    5. lightly grease two loaf pans with olive oil and divide mixture in half into pans

    6. cook at 325 in a preheated oven for 38 minutes


    try it it is AMAZING my whole family likes it better than the regular version(and that is saying a lot considering it was always my all time favorite treat! I will definetly have to limit how much I make this because two pans magically disappear within one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi I made this recipe again and realized that I didn't write the recipe correctly ( i don't always measure stuff i just guess at amounts) but anyway to make it the best way would be to change the honey to 1 cup, the coconut oil needs to be in liquid form , the salt needs to be reduced to 1/2 tsp, and up the spices to 4tsp of cinnamon and two dashes each of the nutmeg and allspice. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried adrianrg's recipe and i had to cook it an extra 12 minutes (in pyrex) and it still came out wet inside. The batter was delicious but the resulting bread was just okay. I used my whole jar of raw honey too cuz that's the only kind of honey i had on me. :( Maybe her recipe was still kind of "off"? I'm going to try the original recipe next.

    ReplyDelete